Ghost Roses of Sakai

Publisher:
ken osborn
Since:
2010

The Sakai Brothers Rose nursery started in 1906 with an initial 2.5 acres in Richmond and a single greenhouse salvaged from Berkeley. The Oishi family added carnations to the mix and the nursery grew as more land was acquired and more buildings were added.

Shut down in 1942 during the World War II relocation of Japanese, the nurseries resumed operations when the families returned after the war.

Operations continued until fairly recently and now the site is planned for redevelopment by the City of Richmond.

Publications in Ghost Roses of Sakai

1 publication