Ask MagCloud: Digital Reading
How can I view a digital version on my iOS device?
On an iPad, you can view previously purchased digital versions in the MagCloud iPad application. Simply download the app from Apple's App Store, then log in with your MagCloud username and password. Digital versions that have been previously purchased with that username will appear in the My Publications window. Clicking the Download button for any of those publications will download it to the app for reading both online and offline. You can also browse and download free, public digital versions within the app itself in the Browse window. After you download a free digital version from within the app, it will appear in the My Publications window for reading.
On an iPad or iPhone running iOS 5.0 and higher you can read publications in Safari using the MagCloud web viewer. Just click the Read Now button on any publication page or in your Digital Library, just as you would on a laptop or computer.
You can also view MagCloud digital versions in PDF format on any iOS device using the following instructions:
- Sign in to www.magcloud.com via Safari on your iOS device.
- Browse and purchase, or select existing publications for download (via Account -> Digital Library)
- Tap Download PDF for the digital version you want. This will start the download process. When complete the digital version will appear in Safari.
- Tap anywhere on the screen to bring up additional Open In options at the top of the page.
- Tap Open In... for all iOS applications available to read/store the PDF. Select your favorite (e.g. iBooks, Bookman, Goodreader, etc.)
- Your MagCloud digital version should then open in the program you selected.
- Read and enjoy!