Create: Getting Started
How to Create a MagCloud-Ready PDF
Select the product, size and binding type for the MagCloud publication you want to publish to see helpful information about how to create a MagCloud-ready PDF file. In addition to the general specifications we also have software-specific instruction packages you can download at the bottom of the page. You can use any program that can export a PDF to create your file, as long as it matches the MagCloud size specifications.
Square - 12" x 12" - Wire-O Binding
Roll over icons to access more information.
- PDF Size: 12.25" x 12.25"
- Trim Size: 12" x 12"
- Safe Zone: 11.25" x 11.5"
- Bleeds: Top: 0.125" Bottom: 0.125" Inside: 0.125" Outside: 0.125"
Minimum 8 pages,
maximum 90 pages, multiple of 2
- The trim can vary slightly in either direction, so full page images should fill the bleed area, while text should be kept in the safe zone, 0.25" inside the trim line on the top, bottom and outside edges and 0.5" inside the trim line on the inside edge.
- For the best output, we recommend images be 300 dpi with the original color profiles embedded in the PDF. Text should be CMYK with the fonts embedded. There shouldn't be any spot colors used in the file.
- Don't include printer marks in your PDF, or lock it with a password.
- The first page in your PDF will be your front cover and the last page will be the back cover.
- A 6mm barcode will be added to the lower right-hand corner of your back cover (the last page of the PDF). You can see a preview of this after uploading your PDF.
- Holes will be punched along the inside edges of your printed pages to accommodate the wire-o binding. Content kept within the safe zone, 0.5" inside the trim line on the inside edge, will be clear of these punched holes.
- The upload size limit for your MagCloud PDF is 300MB.
Software-Specific Instruction Packages
Use one of the links below to download a zipped folder with step-by-step instructions to jump-start your PDF creation process in the software program of your choice. After your download is complete, unzip the folder and open the “Instructions” contained inside to get started. Note: the links below will help you create a PDF for a Square, 12" x 12" , Wire-O bound publication. If you would like to create a PDF for a different publication, please change your selection at the top of the page.